Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Pissed

Back to feeling like a failure.  Jo's temper tantrums have escalated and my own as well.  I feel bad for myself, for Jo, and for Alex who is witness to the almost daily battles.  I know as the moment progresses and Jo continues down her path of not listening and continual screaming and kicking that it will go one of two ways:  I will be successful or I will cross-over and tantrum along with her.  95% of the time it is the former and 100% of that time I fall into a mother induced depression as I know my actions are affecting all.

Currently, Jo is asleep in the bed that she tore apart after a 45 minute battle that began when I asked her to return an item she had taken from her sister.  Until she kicked me in the groin I was able to more or less hold it together.  At that point I screamed, she screamed, and Alex went downstairs to escape.

I am pissed.  I am pissed because I don't know what to do for Jo.  I am pissed because I know my actions are inappropriate for helping her.  I am pissed because I will be judged for this behavior of mine.  I am pissed because no matter how successful I feel one day I take a giant leap back the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment