Thursday, May 31, 2012

20 Weeks

I can't believe we're already half way through this pregnancy.  With everything that is going on I suppose it's no wonder.  Between baby showers for friends, bridal showers, graduations, bachelorette parties (to write a post or not to write a post, that is the question), and upcoming weddings time is flying by.  I'm beginning to feel very anxious about all we need to accomplish and it certainly doesn't help when Marcus says he'd like to fix the jet ski and/or buy one that is new-to-us.  Because we have time for that!

"What could possibly be on your list of to-do's before the arrival of Baby #2," you ask?  Well, one thing I've neglected to write a post about is the current state of our master bedroom which is the major cause of this anxiety.  In December, right before he was to start working full-time again, Marcus decided to begin renovating our master bathroom and closet.  It was in dire need of a renovation as the master bath and closet left much to be desired.  The master bathroom had a pedestal sink, toilet, and stand-up shower.  There wasn't even a cabinet to store things.  The master closet was in the bathroom and could only hold my things and while I may be a shopaholic I also purge often and I don't have that much stuff.  In short, both areas needed to be expanded.  So, Marcus demolished what was our bathroom and closet and that's where we are today.

The bathroom has slowly been coming together but it's a long ways away from being complete.  The closet, well, that's more or less just an idea at this time.  What we do have for the closet is a hole through the master bedroom wall into a smaller bedroom where the closet eventually will be.  I shouldn't complain too much.  For one, it's only been 5 months.  I have a dear, sweet friend whose been without a master bathroom for well over a year now, God bless her.  For two, when all is said and done we will have a very awesome bathroom and closet.  However, it's starting to get old.  My clothes are currently down the hall in an empty bedroom which soon needs to be converted into Alexandra's new bedroom.  The nearest bathroom is across the hall and next to Alexandra's current room and so in the middle of the night when I inevitably have to get up to use the bathroom I have to maneuver the creaky floor boards hoping not to wake anybody.

I have a calendar with important dates noted and a countdown that indicates where we are in the pregnancy.  Slowly but surely our time is dwindling and so far our weekends are packed full with summer activities.  Marcus is the master at over-extending himself so we may need to call in the troops for some help.  So, with that being said I need the following:  A painter, a carpenter, a plumber, and a general contractor.  You will be paid in full with beer and pizza once the bathroom proves to be working and once my shoes are neatly arranged in our new closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment